Assistant Professor of Counselor Education
Page Thanasiu coordinates Stetson University's clinical mental health counseling and marriage and couple and family counseling programs at the university's Center at Celebration. She is a licensed mental health counselor, a nationally-certified counselor and an approved supervisor for mental health counselors in the state of Florida. Her areas of expertise include play and filial therapies as well as working within the systems of infant mental health. Thanasiu has experience counseling children, adolescents and their families in multiple environments including in-home, school, inpatient and outpatient settings. Her specialized interests within the field of counseling include grief and traumatic loss, and she works with a local agency to incorporate interested students into the treatment of children within these populations early in the students' training. Thanasiu presents at local, national and international conferences and maintains professional memberships in the American Counseling Association, the European Branch - American Counseling Association and the Association for Play Therapy.
- Ph.D., counselor education, University of Central Florida
- M.A., counselor education, University of Central Florida
- Human Relations, Methods and Skills
- Counseling Theories
- Human Development
- Career Development
- Counseling Children and Adolescents
- Practicum for Marriage, Couple and Family
- Practicum for Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Internship I for Marriage, Couple and Family
- Internship I for Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Internship II for Marriage, Couple and Family
- Internship II for Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Filial and play therapies
- Infant mental health
- Walter, S. M. and Thanasiu, P. L. (2011). Enhancing role play activities with pocket camcorder technology: Strategies for counselor educators. Journal for Creativity in Mental Health, 6(4), 284-297.
- Casado-Kehoe, M., Vanderbleek, L., and Thanasiu, P. L. (2007). Play in couples counseling. The Family Journal, 15, 133-136.
- Thanasiu, P. L. (2004). Childhood sexuality: Discerning healthy from abnormal behaviors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 26(4), 309-320.
- Phone: 321-939-7611
- Fax: 321-939-7606