User Experience and Outreach Librarian
Molly Brown, the new user experience & outreach librarian and assistant professor at duPont Library has worked in academic libraries for 13 years. She most recently served as the user experience and reference/instruction librarian at SUNY Oneonta, where she led a team of librarians to develop assessment projects of library services, service points and the library's virtual presence.
Before going to SUNY Oneonta, Brown worked in various public service positions in academic libraries at University of West Florida, Wells College, Amherst College and the University of Kosovo. Molly is passionate about the user experience movement in libraries and she brings to Stetson a wealth of experience in library instruction, information, literacy and outreach.
- M.L.I.S., Simmons College
- B.A., art history & anthropology/archaeology, Mount Holyoke College
- User experience outreach
- Public service
- Student success
- International librarianship
- "Advocacy and Lobbying: Working in Kosovo", International Librarians Network, April 22, 2016.
- "Artist's Books: Opening a New World of Creativity", International Librarians Network, July 28, 2016.
- Brown, Molly; O'Bryan, Charles and Karen Schneider, "Zero-based Budgeting in a Cutback Scenario for a Small Academic Library" submitted to portal: Libraries and the Academy, Baltimore: John Hopkins Press, July 2017.
- "Cha-cha-cha Changes in Library Spaces", International Librarians Network, March 18, 2016.
- "Readers for Life: Prison Libraries", International Librarians Network, May 16, 2016.
- "Readers for Life: Traveling Libraries", International Librarians Network, May 19, 2016. Additionally published in the Australian Library and Information Association Weekly (ALIA), Vol. 4, Issue 21, May 25, 2016.
- Small, Ruth and Marcia Mardis, eds. Visions of Academic Libraries of 2020 and Space Utilization. Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press, 2017. Chapter scenario "The need of User Experience Librarians to Assess Library Spaces and Services" Molly Brown & Charles O'Bryan.
- "That 'A-ha' Moment", International Librarians Network, February 16, 2016.
- Phone: 386-822-7176