Dennis C. McNamara Sr. Professor of Marketing
Michelle DeMoss has published numerous articles in academic and professional journals, including the Journal of Consumer Behavior, the Journal of Business Ethics and the Journal of Business Education. She is a specialist in marketing ethics, sustainable business practices and marketing education. She has written several business cases, including one selected for publication by the Department of Environmental Protection. A dedicated teacher, DeMoss has played an integral role in developing Stetson University's new undergraduate curriculum in business to better meet the needs of students and potential employers. Over the last 20 years at Stetson University, she has won awards for both her service to and teaching in the School of Business Administration. In addition, she remains connected to the external community through her consulting and volunteer work.
- Ph.D., marketing, University of Florida
- B.S., psychology, University of Florida
- Consumer Dynamics
- Marketing Internship
- The Marketplace and Consumers
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing ethics
- Sustainable business practices
- Marketing education
- "Promoting Environmental Benefits of a Product: Does it Make a Difference in Consumers' Attitudes?" Global Business and International Management Conference Journal, 2012.
- "The Effect of Quantitative Electronic Word of Mouth on Consumer Perceived Product Quality," International Journal of Management and Marketing Research, 2012.
- "The Linda Construction Company," North American Case Research Association, 2011.
- "Ethical Decision-Making: What Makes a Difference in Students' Perceptions and Behavior?" AACSB Sustainability Conference, 2011.
- "Teaching Ethics and Social Responsibility: An Evaluation of Undergraduate Business Education at the Discipline Level," Journal of Education for Business, Volume 84(4), 213-219, 2009. With Carolyn Nicholson.
- "St. Johns River Water Management District," Journal of Business Cases and Applications, Summer, 15-22, 2009. With Carolyn Nicholson.
- "Comparing Experiential Learning Techniques: The Business Student's Perspective," Society of Business, Industry, and Economics Conference Proceedings, 2010.
- "Corporate Environmental Sustainability: Its Inclusion in Business Curricula," Society of Business, Industry, and Economics Conference Proceedings, 2009.
- Phone: 386-822-7431
- Fax: 386-822-7393