Assistant Professor of Finance
Matthew Hurst, a tenure-track assistant professor of finance, comes to Stetson from the University of Central Florida in Orlando where his family has lived since the 1930s. He is attracted to the School of Business Administration at Stetson because of its focus on student learning and low student-to-teacher ratio. Since 2008, Hurst has taught investments, real estate and corporate. He has made presentations of his co-authored research papers at the American Real Estate Society symposium and the Southern Finance Association conference.
- Ph.D., University of Central Florida
- B.A., University of North Carolina
- Real Estate Principles
- Corporate Financial Management
- Advanced Financial Management
- Real estate and investments as they relate to taxes
- Executive compensation
- Mutual funds
- Real estate investment trusts and corporate governance
- "International Real Estate Portfolio Construction: Conditional and Unconditional Methods," Matthew Hurst, R. Anderson, G. Mueller, and X. Xing, Journal of Real Estate and Portfolio Management, 2010.
- "A Note on the Earnings of Real Estate Salespersons with Prior Work Experience," Matthew Hurst, R. Anderson and A. Byrd, Journal of Housing Research, 2012.
- Phone: 386-822-7428
- Fax: 386-822-7491