Skip to Content
Associate Professor of History
- Ph.D., Columbia University
- The Crusades: Faith and Politics in the Middle East
- The Modern Middle East
- Western Civilization to 1000 C.E.
- From the Ancient to the Medieval
- The Ottomans: From Marsh Warriors to Empire
- Western Civilization: From the Medieval to the Age of Exploration
- Syria post-Ottoman conquest in 1516
- "Special Use of the Tithe As a Revenue-Raising Measure in the Sixteenth-Century Sanjaq of Aleppo." Journal of the Economic and Social History of the Orient.
- "The Case of a Dulgadir-Mamluk Iqta": A Re-Assessment of the Dulgadir Principality and Its Position Within the Ottoman-Mamluk Rivalry." Archivum Ottomanicum.
- "Rice Cultivation in the Plain of Antioch in the 16th Century: The Ottoman Fiscal Practice." Archivum Ottomanicum.