Leila F. Roach, Ph.D., L.M.H.C., L.M.F.T., N.C.C.
Associate Professor of Counselor Education
Leila Roach coordinates the marriage, couple and family counseling program. She is a licensed marriage and family therapist, a licensed mental health counselor, an approved supervisor for mental health counselors in the state of Florida and a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC). Leila has 22 years experience counseling children, adolescents, adults, couples and families, including members of the deaf community, in a variety of settings. She has advanced training in play therapy, couples counseling and disaster mental health. Some of her research interests include wellness in counseling and counselor education, the personal and professional development of counseling students, and spirituality in counseling. She holds professional membership in several professional organizations including the American Counseling Association and the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, and is active on the national, state, and local level. She presents at local, state, regional, national, and international conferences.
- Ph.D., counselor education, University of Central Florida
- M.Ed., human development counseling, Vanderbilt University
- B.S., special education, University of Tennessee
- Human Relations Methods and Skills
- Group Counseling
- Family Systems
- Marriage and Relationship Counseling
- Seminar in Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling
- Practicum in Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling
- Internship I in Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling
- Internship II in Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling
- Advanced Family Theories and Techniques
- The influence of counselor education programs on counselor wellness
- Roach, L. F. and Young, M. E. (2011). "Spirituality and Wellness." In P. Granello (Ed.) Wellness Counseling. Prentice Hall, Inc.
- Roach, L. F. (2009). "Human development, key people in." In B. Erford (Ed.). ACA Encyclopedia of Counseling: Vol. 14. Alexandria, VA: American Counseling Association.
- Roach, L. F., and Young, M. E. (2007). "Do counselor education programs promote wellness in their students?" Journal of Counselor Education and Supervision, 47 (1).
- Roach, L. F., Noonan, B., and Long, L. (2007) "Advocating for couples around the globe." International Counseling Association Special Edition, 106-110.
- Noonan, B., Roach, L. F., Long, L. (2007) "Advocacy, Competency and Counselor Development." International Counseling Association Special Edition, 176-179.
- Phone: 386-822-7238
- Fax: 386-740-3664