Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Studies
After six years with KPMG in the assurance (audit) practice, Mr. Miller needed a change. He returned to school for an English degree thinking he would write screenplays and ended up teaching 7th grade, raising funds for start-ups, doing due diligence for various early stage companies and teaching at Stetson University in the business school, graduate school of accounting and the masters in business program. The current other activities still involve consulting early stage companies on capital raises, formulating financial plans for new ventures and helping existing clients with anything from day-to-day financial planning and reporting to cash flow forecasting and budgeting, grant applications and compliance mostly with the non-profit sector at the moment and last but not least, founding and running a film festival about surfing documentaries called Florida Surf Film Festival.
- M.Acc., Stetson University, 1994
- B.A., Rollins College, 2003
- B.B.A., Stetson University, 1993
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Seminar of Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Current Issues in Accounting
- Contemporary Issues and Cases in Managerial Accounting
- Mr. Miller is primarily a practitioner so his technical research constitutes day-to-day, real-life practice in accounting.
- "How to Retire in the Mentawai Islands" - The Surfers Journal
- Phone: 407-252-7402