Roland George Chair of Applied Investments
Director, George Investments Institute
Professor K. C. Ma is the Roland George Chair of Applied Investments. In addition, he is the Director of the Sarah George Investments Institute. Dr. Ma is the longest-serving George Professor. As the results from our student competitions and our placement results show, he is a well-respected mentor who really cares about the personal growth and development of students and who really prepares them for what lies ahead. He has a vast network of professional as well as academic contacts that he has always employed to the advantage of students and faculty in the Finance Department and George Program, and the program will continue to evolve and improve under his leadership.
- NFA Commodity Trading Advisor, 1997
- Series #3, #65, SEC Registered Investment Advisor, 1995
- CFA certified, 1988
- Ph.D., finance, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1983
- MBA, marketing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1981
- Graduate School of Economics, National Taiwan University, 1979
- B.S., management science, National Chiao Tung University, 1978
- Equity Fund Management
- Fixed Income Fund Management
- Applied Research in Equities
- Applied Research in Fixed Income
- Financial and quantitative research
- Portfolio management
- Hedge fund management
- Bathala, Chenchu, R. Rao, and K. C. Ma, "Institutional Portfolio Preference," Journal of Investing, 2004
- Ma, K. C., Bala Arshanapal, and J. Mallett, "Random Walks in World Equity Prices," International Journal of Business, 2004.
- Ma, K. C., James Mallett, and Larry Belcher, "The Information Content of Price Limit Moves," International Journal of Business, 2003.
- Holder, M., K. C. Ma, and Larry Belcher, "Price Limits As An Option," Journal of Futures Markets, 2002.
- Phone: 386-822-7496
- Fax: 386-822-7491
- Websites: Roland George Investments Program on Facebook and Twitter