Jon Carrick is passionate about international business. His passion stems from his practical experience, education, and interest in other cultures. On a practical level, Jon has been a partner in a couple of born global firms. This practical experience prompted him to further pursue his education in international business, leading him to obtain his master's and Ph.D. in in international business. He feels that his international experience and academic degrees are just the beginning, and he is furthering his pursuit of international business knowledge through his research and continued engagement in business. Through this work, he will continue to travel and add to the list of 68 countries that he has visited.
- Ph.D, University of Glasgow
- Master of International Business, University of Florida
- B.S., Stetson University
- B.B.A., Stetson University
- International Business and Culture
- International Entrepreneurship
- International Business and Finance
- Strategic Management
- Early financial and international strategies of born global firms; specifically, how born global firms finance their international expansion and what strategies they use to compete in international markets
- The role of human capital in the development of globally competitive new ventures.
- Carrick, J (2013). From Penrose to Complementary Assets: The Evolution of the Resourced-Based Literature. The Journal of Management Policy and Practice, forthcoming 14 (2).
- Carrick, J (2013). Life Science Venture Formulation: A Review and Outline of a Resource Based Future. The Journal of Applied Business and Economics, forthcoming 13 (3).
- Carrick, J. (2011). Family Businesses Feelings Towards Internationalization. The Journal of Management Policy and Practice, 12 (6): 103-109.
- Carrick, J. (2010). Avant Healthcare: Building Competitive Advantages From Customer Service. The Journal of Business Case Studies, 6 (2): 51-60.
- Mueller, C and Carrick, J. (October, 2012). Cam Tours, LTD.: A Case in Small Firm Strategy. The 18th Annual Academy of International Business Southeast Conference, Oct 31-Nov1, 2012.
- Kennedy, J.K. and Carrick, J. (March, 2011). Current Trends in Service Quality: A TransportationSector Review, The 11th Annual National Business and Economics Society Annual Conference, March 9-12, 2011.
- Carrick, J. (2009). The Effect of Venture Capital Resources on International New Ventures. The Academy of International Business 36th Annual Conference, Competitive Paper, CIER, University of Glasgow 2-4 April 2009.
- Phone: 386-822-7434