Professor of Practice in Marketing, Director of the Centurion Sales Excellence Program
John F. Riggs earned a B.S. degree in health science from the University of Florida, an M.B.A. degree from Kennesaw State University, and his Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) in marketing from Kennesaw State University.
Dr. Riggs has over 20 years of professional experience in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. Over the course of his professional career, Dr. Riggs has held numerous roles. Starting as a sales representative, he soon moved into the role of corporate trainer for medical affairs and executive management. Soon thereafter, he became the director of sales for the U.S. and Puerto Rico divisions of critical care medicine, and eventually held the position of global vice president of contracting and pricing integrity for a biotech firm.
Apart from his responsibilities as a faculty member, Dr. Riggs is a national and international speaker on evidence-based business practices in professional selling, sales management and translational research in business.
- D.B.A., marketing, Kennesaw State University
- M.B.A., Kennesaw State University
- B.S., health science education, University of Florida
- Licensed emergency medical technician (E.M.T.-D), state of Florida, '87
- Professional Selling
- Advanced Selling
- Sales Management
- Proven Approaches to Client Relationship Building
- Productive Approaches to Relationship Selling
- Negotiation Strategy and Tactics
- Marketing and Sales Management
- Environment: People, Culture, and Change
- Principles of Marketing
- Managerial Marketing
- Marketing and Sales Accounts, Management and Design
- Selling and sales management
- How sales and marketing impact medical decision making and patient outcomes
- Selling in healthcare, pharmaceutical, and medical marketplaces
- Methods for bridging the gap between academia and practice (translational research for business)
- Riggs, John F., Scott Widmier, and Richard E. Plank. "The impact of pharmaceutical industry salesperson regulations, guidance statements, and laws on their sales behaviours: a taxonomy with managerial insights." International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing 10.2 (2016).
- Riggs, John, Adams, Jon. (2009). There's No Such Thing as a "Red Flag", They are Really "Tiny Corners on HUGE Red Banners." Journal of Selling & Major Account Management, 9, 36-39.
- Phone: 386-822-7363