John (Randy) Kuhn
Assistant Professor of Accounting
Dr. Kuhn earned his Ph.D. in business administration with a dual major in accounting and management information systems from the University of Central Florida. He arrived at Stetson from Rollins College and previously worked at the University of South Florida and the University of Louisville. Dr. Kuhn has taught financial and managerial accounting, internal and external auditing, accounting information systems and enterprise systems. His primary research interests include accounting information systems, information systems assurance, auditing, knowledge management, cognitive mapping and individual/group judgment and decision making.
In addition to the doctorate, Dr. Kuhn earned an M.B.A. from the Katz Graduate School of Business at the University of Pittsburgh and a B.S. in accounting from the University of Central Florida. Prior to entering academia, he spent 10 years in public accounting and practice with KPMG LLP, Deloitte & Touche LLP, Grant Thornton LLP, Siemens Westinghouse Power Corp. and NASA Kennedy Space Center.
- Ph.D., business administration, University of Central Florida
- M.B.A., University of Pittsburgh
- B.S., accounting, University of Central Florida
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Financial Accounting I
- Advanced Auditing
- Accounting information systems
- Knowledge management
- Complex adaptive systems
- "Marketing or Parrhesia: A Longitudinal Study of the AICPA's Shifting Languages in Times of Turbulence" by C. Cho, M. Brivot, and J. R. Kuhn. Critical Perspectives on Accounting (2015).
- "A Theory of Complex Adaptive Inquiring Organizations: Application to Continuous Assurance of Corporate Financial Information" by J. R. Kuhn, J. F. Courtney, and B. Morris. Knowledge Engineering Review, Vol. 30, No. 3 (2014).
- "The Impact of Client Attitude on Fraud Risk Assessment" by E. N. Johnson, J. R. Kuhn, B. Apostolou, J. M. Hassell, and J. R. Kuhn. Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, Vol. 32, No. 1 (2013).
- "How AIS can progress along with ontology research in IS" by J. Guan, A. Levitan, and J. R. Kuhn. International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Vol. 14, No. 1 (2013).
- "An Examination of IT Control Weakness and Company Financial Health" by M. Ahuja, J. R. Kuhn, and J. Mueller. International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Vol. 21, No. 3 (2013).
- "Public Accounting in the New Millenium: On the Edge of Chaos" by J. R. Kuhn. The Journal of Accounting and Auditing: Research & Practice (2012).
- "Agent-Based Simulations and the Auditor Going Concern Opinion - A Case Study of Frontier Airlines" by J. R. Kuhn, J. F. Courtney, and B. Morris. International Journal of Business and Social Science, Vol. 2, No. 22 (2011).
- "Continuous Auditing in ERP System Environments: The Current State and Future Directions" by J. R. Kuhn and S. G. Sutton. Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 24 (2010).
- "Agent-Based Analysis and Simulation of the Consumer Airline Market Share for Frontier Airlines" by J. R. Kuhn, J. F. Courtney, B. Morris, and E. Tatara. Knowledge-Based Systems, Vol. 23 (2010).
- "The GM Bailout Problem: An Analysis using the Planners Lab Software" by J. Courtney, G. Wagner, J. R. Kuhn, and K. L. Brewer. Annals of Information Systems, (2010).
- Phone: 386-822-7419