Music Specialist and Research Librarian
After a varied library career, including work at academic and corporate (engineering and law) libraries, Jean Wald came to Stetson University as music librarian in 1999 where she managed the university's only branch library, the Jenkins Music Library, until 2011. At that time the collection was integrated into the duPont-Ball Library, where she now serves both in technical services and public services. She has served several local churches as organist/choir director and performs on harpsichord and recorders in a local early music ensemble, Consort Cantabile.
- M.A., music history and literature, Butler University
- M.L.S., Indiana University coursework toward Ph.D. in historical musicology, Indiana University
- B.M.E., West Virginia University
- Library instruction for music courses, as requested by faculty
- Music reference
- Piano literature
- Women in music
- Peer-reviewed article: "Music Reference for the General Reference Librarian," Music Reference and Services Quarterly. vol. 9, no. 1: 13-28. 2006
- Book review: "Anthology of Essays on Deep Listening." Monique Buzzart and Tom Bickley, eds. Journal of the International Alliance for Women in Music, Vol. 19, no. 1:33-34, 2013.
- Book review: "Deepening Musical Performance through Movement: The Theory and Practice of Embodied Interpretation." Alexandra Pierce. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2007. Journal of the International Alliance for Women in Music, 2011, Vol. 17, no.2: 31.
- Book review: "Louise Farrenc: Thematisch-bibliographisches Werkverzeichnis. Herausgegeben von Christin Heitmann. Wilhelmshaven: Florian Noetzel Verlag, 2005." Journal of the International Alliance for Women in Music, Vol. 12, no. 1: 41-42, 2006.
- Phone: 386-822-8958