Assistant Professor of Family Enterprise
Director of the Family Enterprise Center
Dr. Isabel C. Botero is an educator, researcher and consultant in the areas of management and family enterprise. She obtained her Ph.D. from Michigan State University. Her areas of specialty include strategic communication processes, communication in and about family enterprises, influence processes in organizations, and next generation issues in family enterprises.
Dr. Botero has been a full time faculty at Illinois State University and the University of Minnesota Duluth; an adjunct instructor at the University of Kentucky, DePaul University, and the University of Illinois Springfield; and a visiting scholar in the College of Business and Social Science at Aarhus University in Denmark.
- Ph.D., Michigan State University
- University Specialist, Universidad de Antioquia
- B.A., Universidad de Antioquia
- Family Enterprise Capstone
- Human Resources
- Principles of Management
- Business Communication
- Branding in family enterprises
- Attractiveness to family businesses
- Family enterprises in Latin America
- Governance in family enterprises
- Psychological processes in family enterprises
- Philanthropy in family firms
- Feliu, N., & Botero, I. C. (2016) Philanthropy in Family Enterprises: A review of Literature. Family Business Review, 29(1), 121-141.
- Botero, I.C., Gomez-Betancourt, G., Betancourt-Ramirez, J. B., & Lopez-Vergara, M. P. (2015) Family protocols as governance tools: Understanding why and how family protocols are important in family firms. Journal of Family Business Management, 5(2), 218-237.
- Lopez-Vergara, M. P., & Botero, I. C. (2015) The role of noneconomic goals for psychological ownership in family firms. European Journal of International Management, 9(2), 201-220.
- Boyd, B., Botero, I.C., & Fediuk, T.A. (2014) Incumbent decisions about succession transitions in family firms: A conceptual model. International Journal of Financial Studies, 2(4), 335-358.
- Helmle, J. R., Botero, I. C., & Seibold, D. R. (2014) Factors that influence work-life balance in owners of copreneurial firms. Journal of Family Business Management, 4(2), 110-132.
- Botero, I. C. (2014) Effects of communicating family ownership and organizational size on applicant's attraction to a firm: An empirical examination of the USA and China. Journal of Family Business Strategy, 5(2), 184-196.
- Gomez-Betancourt, G., Botero, I. C., Betancourt, J., & Lopez-Vergara, M. P. (2014) Emotional Intelligence in Family Firms: Its impact on interpersonal dynamics in the family, business, and ownership systems. Journal of Family Business Management, 4(1), 4-23.
- Phone: 386-822-7954
- Fax: 386-822-7407