Visiting Assistant Professor of Mathematics
In 2004, Heather Edwards received her Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of Central Florida. Her dissertation research involved the characterization of degree one measures of concordance. Heather co-authored publications related to her research that were published in such journals as the Proceedings of the AMS and the Journal of Multivariate Analysis. For the past eleven years, Heather has been part of the faculty at Seminole State College. While there, she was the Principal Investigator for an NSF grant to promote stronger mathematical foundations of Seminole State's STEM students and has led several initiatives for pedagogical enhancements and interdisciplinary teaching efforts within the institution.
Currently, Edwards participates in a transfunction seminar at UCF and serves on an undergraduate research advisement committee for a UCF student pursuing research in that area. Heather is pleased to bring her enthusiasm for teaching to Stetson and begin a new chapter of her career.
- Ph.D., mathematics, University of Central Florida
- M.S., mathematical sciences, University of Central Florida
- M.Ed., mathematics education, University of Florida
- B.S., mathematics, University of Florida
- Mathematics 130
- Mathematics 142Q
- Mathematics 125Q
- Measures of Concordance
- Characterizations of Degree One Bivariate Measures of Concordance, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 2009 Measures of Concordance Determined by D_4 Invariant Measures on (0,1)^2, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 2005
- Measures of Concordance Determined by D_4 Invariant Copulas, International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, 2004
- Phone: 386-822-7548