H. Lynn Kee
Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology
Dr. Kee is a cell and molecular biologist with expertise in intracellular trafficking, cell signaling and microscopy. She previously taught courses including Cancer Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology and Molecular Genetics at Vassar College, the University of Richmond and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard.
She has been developing inquiry-based laboratory coursework that actively engages students in current biomedical investigations. In addition, she is developing tools that integrate digital media and biology to enhance students’ scientific communication skills.
- Ph.D., cell and developmental biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- B.S., cell and molecular biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Genetics Introductory Biology
- Takao D, Dishinger JF, Kee HL, Pinskey JM, Allen BL, Verhey KJ. An assay for clogging the ciliary pore complex distinguishes mechanisms of cytosolic and membrane protein entry. Curr Biol. 2014 Oct 6;24(19):2288-94.
- Kee HL, Verhey KJ. Molecular connections between nuclear and ciliary import processes. Cilia. 2013 Aug ;2(1):11.
- Dishinger JF*, HL Kee*, and KJ Verhey. Analysis of Ciliary Import. Methods in Enzymology: Cilia. Volume 524. 2013 April. *Authors contributing equally.
- Kee HL, JF Dishinger, Blasius, TL, and KJ Verhey. A Size-Exclusion Permeability Barrier and Nucleoporins Characterize a Ciliary Pore Complex that Regulates Transport into Cilia. Nature Cell Biology. 2012 Mar 4;14(4):431-7. Editor’s Choice: Science. 2012 March; 335 (6076): 1546 See comment in: Developmental Cell. 2012 April; 22(4): 693-4
- Verhey KJ, JF Dishinger, and HL Kee. Kinesin motors and primary cilia. Biochemical Society Transactions. 2011 Oct 1;39(5):1120-5.
- Dishinger JF, HL Kee, PM Jenkins, S Fan, TW Hurd, JW Hammond, YN Truong, B Margolis, JR Martens, and KJ Verhey. Ciliary entry of the kinesin-2 motor KIF17 is regulated by importin-β2 and Ran-GTP. Nature Cell Biology. 2010 Jul;12(7):703-10. Editor’s Choice: Science. 2010 July:328(5986):1613. See comment in: Nature Cell Biology. 2010 Jul;12(7):640-1.PMID: 2052632
- Phone: 386-822-8182