Adjunct Professor of Management
Gavin Putzer, Ph.D., is an adjunct professor of management at Stetson University. He has over 10 years of professional business and consulting experience in science, education and healthcare. Putzer was formerly an associate professor in the department of health policy and management and the director of the doctoral program in public health at the University of Georgia. He was also previously chairman of the department of management at the Albany State University College of Business. Currently, he is the president of Dr. Putzer's Review, which is an educational and professional development company. Putzer is also a management consultant through Health Business Outcomes, with clients in academia and business.
- Ph.D., University of Florida
- M.D., University of South Florida College of Medicine
- M.P.H., Harvard University
- B.A., Rutgers University
- Strategic Management
- Healthcare Management
- Innovation diffusion and technology acceptance
- Perceptions of the influence of technology
- Health information technology
- Disaster management
- Diabetes and chronic disease management
- J. Chen, Y. Park, G.J. Putzer. 2010. "An Examination of the Components that Increase Acceptance of Smartphones among Healthcare Professionals," Electronic Journal of Health Informatics, Volume 5(2): e16.
- G.J. Putzer, Y. Park. 2012. "Are Physicians Likely to Adopt Emerging Mobile Technologies? Attitudes and Innovation Factors Affecting Smartphone Use," Perspectives in Health Information Management, spring 2012: 1-22.
- G.J. Putzer, M. Koro-Ljungberg, R.P. Duncan. 2012. "Critical Challenges and Impediments Affecting Rural Physicians During a Public Health Emergency," American Medical Association's Journal of Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness, Volume 6(4): 342-348.
- G.J. Putzer, M. Koro-Ljungberg, R.P. Duncan, A. Dobalian. 2013. "Preparedness of Rural Physicians for Bioterrorist Events in Florida," Southern Medical Journal, Volume 106(1): 21-26.
- Phone: 386-822-7430