Associate Professor of Decision and Information Sciences
Gary Oliphant is associate professor of decision and information sciences and a frequent co-author with his wife, Becky Oliphant. He is certified in project management and in several different areas of SAP. He has worked in several government agencies as a planning manager, in the nuclear industry as system analyst, and owned several different companies, one of which was the second largest real estate publication in the U.S. In his classes he makes theories come alive with real-world business examples. He loves to play all sports, follows the Stetson athletic teams, and is a big Steeler, Pirate and Penguin fan. He has played college basketball and continues to play baseball today. He continues to teach as a visiting professor at Kufstein University (Austria) and has taught in the Stetson University international program in Austria-Germany-Italy on both the M.B.A. and undergraduate level and recently accompanied the graduate students to China and Japan.
- Ph.D., marketing, Florida State University
- M.B.A., marketing and management, Florida State University
- M.Ed., computer science and mathematics, California University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., business administration, California University of Pennsylvania
- Project Management
- Business Process management
- Business Intelligence
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Management Information Systems
- First Year Seminar
- Behavioral Interviewing
- Group Formation
- Project Management
- International Education
- Channels of Distribution
- Becky J. Oliphant and Gary C. Oliphant (2011), "International Students' Perceptions of Travel to the United States," NAFSA Annual Conference, Vancouver, Canada.
- Katherine Hansen, Gary C.Oliphant, Becky J. Oliphant, and Randall S. Hansen (2009), "Best Practices in Preparing Students for Mock Interviews," Business Communication Quarterly, Vol. 72, No. 3, 318-327, September.
- Gary C. Oliphant, Katherine Hansen, and Becky J. Oliphant (2008), "Predictive Validity of a Behavioral Interview Technique," Marketing Management Journal, Vol. 18, Issue 2, 94-106, Fall.
- Gary C. Oliphant, Katharine Hansen, and Becky J. Oliphant (2008), "A Review of a Telephone-Administered Behavior-Based Interview Technique," Business Communication Quarterly, Vol. 71, No. 3, 383-386, September.
- Carolyn Nicholson, Becky J. Oliphant, and Gary C. Oliphant (2002), "Project Team Formation Processes: Student Attitudes and Experiences in Nine Alternative Methods," Academy of Business Education
- Becky J. Oliphant and Gary C. Oliphant (2001), "Using a Behavior-Based Method to Identify and Reduce Employee Theft," International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, Vol. 29, No. 10, 442-451.
- Phone: 386-822-7436
- Fax: 386-822-7446