Fred K. Augustine Jr.
Professor of Information Systems
Fred Augustine Jr. is a professor of information systems at Stetson University. He received his Ph.D. in information and management science from Florida State University, as well as an M.B.A. with a concentration in management and a B.A. in history.
Augustine has been teaching in the areas of management information systems and production and operations management at Stetson University since 1986. He is currently involved in efforts to integrate SAP software into the business systems analysis major. His primary research interests are the global aspects of e-commerce and curricular issues related to M.B.A. programs. He has written articles published in the Journal of Systems Management, Journal of Computer Information Systems, System Dynamics Review, Journal of End-User Computing, CIS Educators Forum, Interface, the E-Business Review, Issues in Information Systems and others. He has consulted with a variety of businesses in the automotive, telecommunications, and information technology industries. Augustine is a native of Miami, Fla. who also served for 6 years in the United States Army.
- Ph.D, Information and Management Science, Florida State University
- MBA, Management, Florida State University
- BA, History, Florida State University
- Managerial Decision Analysis
- Contemporary Issues in Information Systems Controls
- Technology for Business Transformation
- Current Topics in Information Technology
- Analytical Decision Modeling
- Information Technology II
- M.B.A. programs and curriculum
- E-business in the global environment
- Use of systems dynamics to model and solve complex business problems
- Augustine, F. K., Surynt, T. J., "The MIS Course in the MBA Curriculum: Current Practice and Future Directions", Issues in Information Systems, Accepted for publication in October 2013.
- Surynt, T. J., Oliphant, G., Augustine, F. K., Academic Journal, "Enriching the Undergraduate Information Systems Experience: Programs in Business Systems and Analytics", Issues in Information Systems, Acepted for publication in October 2013.
- "E-Commerce in the MBA Curriculum: State of The Art In The Post Dot-Com Era" (Co-Authored with Dr. Ted Surynt), E-Business Review, USA, Vol. 9, No. 1. (2009)
- "Global Readiness of E-Business Web Sites: An Industry Perspective" (Co-Authored with Ted Surynt and Bill Jens), E-Business Review, Vol. 8, No. 1. (2008).
- "Assessing the Indicators of E-Commerce Globalization: A Study of the Characteristics of Global Readiness" (Co-Authored with Dr. Ted Surynt), E-Business Review, USA Vol. 7, No. 1. (2007).
- "The Use of System Dynamics to Measure the Value of Information in the Business Firm" (co-authored with Dr.Thomas D. Clark Jr.), System Dynamics Review. 8(2), Summer, 1992, pp. 149-173.
- "Organizational Impact of Decision Support Technology: What's Ahead for the 90's?" (co-authored with T.J Surynt, D.K. Rosetti, and F. DeZoort), Journal of End User Computing, 5(2), Spring 1993, pp. 1-5.
- Phone: 386-822-7416
- Fax: 386-822-7413