Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology
Erin Moore attended the University of Tennessee at Knoxville as an undergraduate and earned her M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Her Ph.D. program was interdisciplinary, emphasizing coursework in health psychology and education. Her thesis assessed the condom use intentions of college student-athletes, and her dissertation concerned the effect of religious behavior and beliefs on college students' alcohol use and sexual behavior. During her five years of graduate school, she was a member of the Community Health Research Group, which emphasized community-based participatory research and implemented several HIV education and screening interventions in the Kansas City metro area.
- Ph.D., psychology, curriculum and instruction, University of Missouri at Kansas City, 2013
- M.A., psychology, University of Missouri at Kansas City, 2010
- B.A., psychology, University of Tennessee at Knoxville, 2007
- Theories of Personality
- Human Sexuality
- Introduction to Psychology
- Great Experiments in Psychology
- Health behavior and communication
- Protective behaviors (especially condom use and HIV and STI screening)
- Human sexuality
- Effective teaching methods
- Berkley-Patton, J.Y., Moore, E., Berman, M., Simon, S., Thompson, C.B., Schleicher, T., and Hawes, S.M. (In Press). "Evaluation of HIV stigma in a faith-based HIV education and screening intervention." Journal of the International AIDS Society.
- Schleicher, T., Moore, E., Briend, S., and Berkley-Patton, J. (In Press). "HIV stigma and knowledge in the African American church community." Undergraduate Journal of Psychology at Berkeley.
- Moore, E.W., Berkley-Patton, J.Y., and Hawes, S.M. (2013). "Religiosity, alcohol use, and sex behaviors among college student-athletes." Journal of Religion and Health, 52, 930-940. doi: 10.1007/s10943-011-9543-z
- Moore, E.W. (2013). "HIV and chlamydia/gonorrhea testing among heterosexual college students: Who is getting tested and why do some not?" Journal of American College Health, 61(4), 196-202. doi: 10.1080/07448481.2013.789880
- Moore, E.W., and Smith, W.E. (2012). "What college students do not know: Where are the gaps in sexual health knowledge?" Journal of American College Health, 60, 436-442. doi: 10.1080/07448481.2012.673521
- Moore, E.W. (2012). "College students' condom use errors: Who is experiencing breaking and slipping?" Sexually Transmitted Infections, 88, 351. doi: 10.1136/sextrans-2012-050540
- Berkley-Patton, J., Moore, E.W., Hawes, S.M., Thompson, C.B., and Bohn, A. (2012). "Factors related to HIV testing among an African American church-affiliated population." AIDS Education and Prevention, 24(2), 148-162.
- Moore, E.W., Smith, W.E., and Folsom, A.R.B. (2012). "F.O.R.E.play: The utility of brief sexual health interventions among college students." Journal of American College Health, 60(2), 175-177. doi: 10.1080/07448481.2011.584336
- Phone: 386-822-7291