Assistant Professor of Digital Arts
Dengke Chen holds an M.F.A. in new media from the Pennsylvania State University and a B.F.A. in animation from the China Central Academy of Fine Arts. He comes to Stetson from the Pennsylvania State University, where he taught as an adjunct professor and an instructor.
Chen specializes in 3D animation and digital video. As a graduate research assistant, he created animations to describe a balanced approach to integrating environmental, economic, sociological and aesthetic dimensions of landscape through strategic research and design. He has worked on numerous commercial projects and also as an art director for a popular children’s TV show for China Central Television. With a strong art background and professional experience, he explores the magical world of storytelling in his work, which can be new media, 2D or 3D animation, digital painting and comic art.
- M.F.A., new media, Pennsylvania State University
- B.F.A., animation, China Central Academy of Fine Arts
- Digital Art Fundamentals
- Digital Video Fundamentals
- 3D Modeling and Animation
- Advanced Digital Video
- Digital Photography
- Using animations and games to describe a balanced approach to integrating environmental, economic, sociological, and aesthetic dimensions of landscape through strategic research and design.