Delphine Prevote Pinet
Visiting Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Dr. Delphine Prevote Pinet was born and grew up in France. Her major was Physics Chemistry. She obtained her Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry in Toulouse, South of France at the University Paul Sabatier. She moved to the US with her family early this year. Her PhD was focused on the synthesis and the reactivity of the phosphorus-based macromolecules called " dendrimers ". She was part of the pioneer team synthesizing the phosphorus dendrimers worldwide. Her primary research interest is focused on the various applications linked with the dendrimers.
Dr. Prevote'vôte' Pinet has a strong teaching experience in general chemistry, physic-chemistry and organic chemistry. She is really keen on teaching especially for students starting university in order to explain them chemistry basis supported by many practical exercises. Also, she particularly enjoys supervising master and/or Ph.D. students, more specifically, helping them finding new ways of synthesizing new molecules and developing their own research abilities. She enjoys traveling, cooking and the Floridian lifestyle.
- Ph.D., organic chemistry, University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France, 1997
- M.S., molecular and supramolecular chemistry, University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France, 1995
- B.S., physics-chemistry, University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France, 1993
- General Chemistry: Basic Concepts of Modern Chemistry
- General Chemistry: Atomistic and Chemical Link
- General Physic-Chemistry: Thermodynamic and Kinetic Basis
- Physic-Chemistry Teaching Laboratory: Energetics and Rates of Chemical Reactions
- Physic-Chemistry Teaching: Structure in Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Teaching Laboratory: Organic Chemistry Reaction and Analysis Methods
- Phosphorus Dendrimers - biology, medicine, chemistry, physics, nanotechnology
- Application of the Horner-Wadsworth-Emmons Reaction to the Functionalization of Dendrimers: Synthesis of Amino Acid Terminated Dendrimers. Pre'vôte' D.; Le Roy-Gourvenec S.; Caminade A.M; Masson S. and Majoral JP. Synthesis. (1997), 1199.
- Choice of Strategies for the Divergent synthesis of Phosphorus-Containing Dendrons, Depending on The Function located at the core. Maraval V.; Pre'vôte'-Pinet D.; Laurent R.; Caminade A.M. et Majoral J.P. New. J. Chem., 2000, 24, 561 - 566.
- Grafting of Tetraazamacrocycles on the Surface of Phosphorus-containing Dendrimers. Pre'vôte' D.; Donadieu B.; Moreno-Mañas M.; Caminade A.M. and Majoral JP. Eur. J. Org. Chem. (1999), 1701- 1708.
- Phosphate, Phosphite, Ylide and Phosphonate terminated Dendrimers. Pre'vôte' D.; Caminade A.M.; and Majoral JP. J. Org.Chem. (1997), 62, 4834.
- Polyaminophosphines containing dendrimers. Synthesis and Characterizations. Galliot C.; Pre'vôte' D.; Caminade A.M. and Majoral JP. J. Am. Chem. Soc. (1995), 117, 5470.
- Tricoordinated phosphorus containing macrocycles: new synthetics strategies. Pre'vôte' D.; Galliot C.; Caminade AM. And Majoral JP. Heteroatom. Chem. (1995), 6, 313.