Visiting Lecturer of Music Education
Clara Knotts is visiting lecturer of music education at Stetson University's School of Music. Knotts teaches courses in music education and serves as a supervisor for music education interns. Prior to her appointment at Stetson University, Knotts completed her master of music education degree from Florida State University (2014). While a member of the graduate program at Florida State University, Knotts was inducted into the Golden Key International Honor Society (2013) and the Pi Kappa Lambda Music Honor Society (2014). She received her bachelor of music education from Stetson University (1999). Upon completion of her bachelor's degree, Knotts taught with Volusia County Schools, building a large orchestra program, which was invited to perform at the 66th Annual Midwest International Band and Orchestra Conference, a prestigious annual band and orchestra festival held in Chicago. Additionally, she has collaborated with Trans-Siberian Orchestra violinist Mark Wood on performance projects with her students as well as for personal research projects.
- M.M.E., string pedagogy, Florida State University, 2014
- B.M.E., instrumental (general), Stetson University, 1999
- Principles and Methods of Instruction for Diverse Learners
- Elementary School Music Methods
- Assessment of Instruction
- Professional Music Educator
- Secondary Methods
- Student Teaching Supervision
- String pedagogy (traditional and innovative)
- Music perception
- Music teacher education
- "2012 Midwest Clinic: Sinfonia Orchestra; Clara Knotts, director," CD (2012). M. Thielen, M. R. Musgrave and D. F. Eccles, guest conductors. D. Bjella, cellist. Midwest International Band and Orchestra Conference, Chicago, Ill.
- Phone: 386-822-8976