Assistant Professor of Finance; Chair of the Department of Finance
Chris Tobler joined the faculty of the finance department in 2007. He is a member of the Financial Management Association and the Southern Finance Association. In addition to teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses at the DeLand campus, he also teaches graduate-level courses in the E.M.B.A. program at the Center at Celebration, the J.D./M.B.A. program at the Gulfport campus and in the Pharma/M.B.A. joint degree program with the University of Florida. Tobler regularly teaches in the summer study abroad program in Innsbruck, Austria.
Tobler continues to teach summer school classes at his alma mater, the University of Arkansas, where he works with his co-authors on research projects.
Tobler also has an impressive media and journalism background and has traveled extensively throughout Europe and South and Central America. He has been nominated for the School of Business Teacher of the Year Award, the McEniry Award for Teaching Excellence and was awarded the School of Business Service Award in 2013. At the University of Arkansas he was cited by students as the teacher who most influenced their academic career.
- Ph.D., University of Arkansas, 2007
- M.B.A., University of Arkansas, 1998
- M.A., University of Arkansas, 1994
- B.A., Boston College, 1990
- Principles of Finance Markets and Institutions
- Corporate Finance
- Risk Management
- Multinational Finance
- Asset pricing
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate governance
- Risk management
- Hernandez, Rodrigo, Tobler, Christopher and Pu Liu, "Exotic Outperformance Certificates - The Case of Outperformance Certificates Plus," Under review in the Journal of Applied Financial Research, 2013.
- "Contingent Claim Valuation - The Case of Certificates Plus Reloaded," by Rodrigo Hernández, Radford University, Radford, VA; Christopher Tobler, Stetson University, DeLand, FL; and Pu Liu, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR, American Journal of Business Research, Vol. 4, 91 - 103, 2011.
- "Contingent Claim Valuation - The Case of Phoenix Certificates," by Rodrigo Hernández, Radford University, Radford, VA; Christopher Tobler, Stetson University, DeLand, FL; and Lynn Saubert, Radford University, Radford, VA; Journal of Finance and Accountancy, Vol. 7, 1 - 14, 2011.*
- "Contingent Claim Valuation of Express Certificates," by Rodrigo Hernández, Radford University; Jorge Brusa, Texas AandM International University; and Christopher Tobler, Stetson University, Banking and Finance Review, Vol. 2, No. 2, 119 - 126, 2010.
- "Bull and Bear Reverse Exchangeable Securities - An Option-Pricing Approach," by Rodrigo Hernández, Radford University, Radford, VA; Michael Chatham, Radford University; and Christopher Tobler, Stetson University, International Journal of Global Business and Economics (IJGBE), Vol. 3, 131 - 136, 2010.
- "Teaching Multiple Skills with a Short Writing Assignment: Using Legal Case Briefs in Business Classes," by Lawrence J. Belcher, Stetson University and Christopher Tobler, Stetson University, Business Education Innovation Journal, Vol. 2, No. 2, 35 - 38, 2010.
- Phone: 386-822-7494
- Fax: 386-822-7491