Professor of Management
Carolyn Mueller, Ph.D., is professor of strategic management and cross-cultural dynamics and management, and is the coordinator of the international business major. She also served as the chair of the Department of Management and International Business for five years. Mueller serves on the board of directors of the World Affairs Council of Central Florida. She is a fellow of the Academy of International Business - Southeast, and serves as an associate editor for International Business: Research, Teaching and Practice. She is also actively involved in the Academy of International Business, Academy of Management, Southern Management Association, the Institute for Multi-Track Diplomacy, Beta Gamma Sigma and Mu Kappa Tau. Finally, she is a recipient of Stetson University's Hand Award for Research, Creative and Professional Activity as well as the Stetson University School of Business Administration's Outstanding Service Award.
- Ph. D., strategic management, University of South Carolina
- M.B.A., University of Akron
- B.S.B.A, marketing, University of Akron
- Cross-Cultural Dynamics and Management
- Strategic Management (capstone course)
- International Study Abroad/International Experience
- Cross-cultural strategic management and organizational effectiveness
- Cross-cultural top management team processes
- Corporate ethics and social responsibility
- Teaching effectiveness
- de la Garza-Carranza, M.T., Guzman Saria, E., Mueller, C.B. (2011) "Organizational culture profile of service and manufacturing businesses in Mexico." Revista de Investigacion Administrativa, edited by the Politecnico Nacional, Mexico (ISSN Print 0121-5051; listed in LATINDEX, the Latin American index of research journals, http://www.latindex.unam.mx): 21(40) April-June: 81-91.
- Naffziger, D.W., Bott, J.P., Mueller, C.B. (2010) "Study abroad: Validating the factor analysis of student choices." International Business: Research, Teaching and Practice (ISSN Print 1949-3290/Online 1949-3304), 4(1): 56-65.
- Julian, C.C., Wachter, R.M., Mueller, C.B. (2009) "International joint ventures (IJV) top management teams: Does heterogeneity make a difference?" Journal of Asia-Pacific Business (ISSN Print 1059-9231/Online 1528-6940), 10(2): 107-129.
- de la Garza-Carranza, M.T., Contreras-Soto, R., Mueller, C.B. (2008) "Environmental scanning, strategy alignment, and leadership style among small manufacturing business managers in Guanajuato, Mexico." Revista de Investigacion Administrativa, edited by the Politecnico Nacional, Mexico (listed in LATINDEX, the Latin American index of research journals, http://www.latindex.unam.mx): 37(102): 23-28.
- Naffziger, D.W., Bott, J.P., Mueller, C.B. (2008) "Factors influencing study abroad decisions among college of business students." International Business: Research, Teaching and Practice (ISSN Print 1949-3290/Online 1949-3304), 2(1): 39-52.
- Williamson, S.A., Mueller, C.B, Van Deusen, C.A., Perryman, A.A. (2007) "The influence of national religious consciousness on entrepreneurial behavior." International Business: Research, Teaching and Practice (ISSN Print 1949-3290/Online 1949-3304), 1(1): 53-75.
- Van Deusen, C.A., Mueller, C.B.. (2007) "The effects of national culture and gender on country entrepreneurial activity." Business Education Forum: 61(3): 48-50.
- Van Deusen, C.A., Jones, G., Mueller, C.B., Ricks, D.A., Schlegelmilch, B.B. (2004) "Information and communication technology in the international business classroom: Comparing faculty and student perspectives." Journal of Teaching in International Business, 15(4): 5-21.
- Phone: 386-822-7408
- Fax: 386-740-3620