Bonnie B. Holloway
Visiting Lecturer in Accounting
Bonnie Holloway is a double graduate of Stetson University. She is a certified public accountant in Florida but has only practiced part time because teaching has always been her first love. Holloway won the Elijah Watt Sells Award for Performance with High Distinction on the Uniform CPA Exam in May 1983. Her post-secondary academic career includes teaching accounting as an adjunct at Stetson University, teaching full time at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach as well as at Lake-Sumter Community College (now Lake-Sumter State College) for 29 years where she also served as a department chair. She served as project manager for Lake-Sumter's Title III grant from 2000 to 2005, overseeing a $1.7 million budget.
Holloway is a past president and current member of the steering committee of the Florida Association of Accounting Educators. She was a finalist for the statewide Professor of the Year competition sponsored by the Florida Association of Community Colleges (now the Association of Florida Colleges) in 2007, and she has given several presentations at national conferences of the Teachers of Accounting at Two-Year Colleges.
- B.S., mathematics, Stetson University, 1973
- M.B.A., accounting, Stetson University, 1982
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Management Accounting
- Thirty Years of Experience: Florida Association of Accounting Educators, October 2012
- Advice for New Teachers: Teachers of Accounting at Two-Year Colleges Annual Meeting, May 2010, Phoenix, Arizona
- Student Learning Outcomes and Assessments: Florida Association of Accounting Educators, October 2009
- Phone: 386-822-7420
- Fax: 386-822-7426