Professor of World Languages and Cultures (Spanish)
A native of Spain, Ana Eire received her Ph.D. in Spanish and Spanish-American literature from Vanderbilt University, where she also completed a minor in English. Her current research centers on contemporary Spanish poetry. Eire was named the first Jane Heman Language Professor 2010-2012 at Stetson University. She is the academic advisor to the study-abroad program in Madrid, Spain.
- Ph.D., Vanderbilt University
- Spanish-American Culture Through Literature
- Seminars: Pablo Neruda, Hispanic Modern Poetry, Love Poetry, Hispanic Short-Novel, Ethics in Literature and Film
- Oral Expression
- Business in Hispanic Cultures
- Spanish Film
- Hispanic poetry
- Spanish and Spanish-American twentieth-century literature, film studies and cultural history
- Conversaciones con poetas españoles contemporáneos (Renacimiento, 2005)
- El misterio de la felicidad. Antología poética de Miguel d'Ors (Renacimiento 2009)
- Articles in Hispania, Revista de Estudios Hispánicos, Alba de América and other journals and collections.
- Spain today: cultural history, literature, film
- Hispanic Poetry
- Phone: 386-822-7276