Promotion and Tenure
- External Review of Scholarship and/or Creative Activity for Promotion to Professor
- Peer Observation of Teaching
- Writing Effective Evaluation Letters for Tenure and Promotion Candidates - Powerpoint (prepared by Susan Ryan, Kevin Riggs and Ann Small - 10/4/2010)
The revised Portfolio Checklist, effective for the 2014-15 Tenure and Promotion review, is used for pre-tenure reviews, reviews for tenure and/or promotion to associate professor, and reviews for promotion to professor.
Note: These rubrics provide a quick reference and overview. Faculty should not rely exclusively on these documents, as they cannot substitute for a careful study of the actual policy. The policy itself, if different from these overviews, takes precedence.
- Teaching/Librarianship Rubrics
- Scholarship and Creative Activities Rubrics
- Service/Leadership Rubrics
Disciplinary Articulations of the Tenure and Promotion Standards for Scholarship
(Approved by the Provost, October 2011)
College of Arts and Sciences
Natural Science Division
Social Science Division
School of Business Administration
School of Music
Disciplinary Interpretations of the Tenure and Promotion Standards for Scholarship
- Guidelines for Developing Disciplinary Standards
- Resources: The National Conversation on Scholarship
- Standards for Scholarship and Creative Activity
- Rubrics for Scholarship and Creative Activities Standards and Sample Evidence
Sample disciplinary standards documents are available upon request.