Monica Mendoza Jeancola
Assistant Professor of Accounting
Dr. Jeancola began teaching at Stetson in 1997 for the Accounting department and the Mangagement Information Systems department. She received both her Bachelor and Master of Business Administration from Stetson University and her doctorate from the University of Florida. She is also a CPA in the State of Florida. In addition to teaching, she dedicates much of her time to registration and academic advising of first year students for both the School of Business Administration and the University. She has published in the CPA Journal, Journal of Business Disciplines and the Journal of State Taxation. Before entering academe, Dr. Jeancola worked in public accounting for McGladery and Pullen in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., and later in corporate accounting in the financial service and manufacturing industries.
- Ph.D., University of Florida
- MBA, Stetson University
- BBA, Stetson University
- Accounting and accounting information systems primarily in pedagoy.
- An investigation into the perceptions of online degrees earned as credentials for employment in public accounting firms
- Multidisciplinary Course Coordination for Accounting Systems and Management Information Systems
- Accounting Systems
- Cost Accounting
- Intro to Managerial Accounting
- Intro to Financial Accounting
- Brenner, V.C., Jeancola, M. M., Watkins, A. L., "Using the Case Method approach to Introduce Students to International Financial Reporting Standards," Academy of Business Disciplines Journal (2012)
- Jeancola, M., "An Investigation into the Perception of Online Degrees Earned as Credentials for Obtaining Employment in Public Accounting Firms," Dissertation, University of Florida (2011)
- Brenner, V.C., Brenner V.C. Jr., Jeancola, M., "New Reporting Standards for Noncontrolling Interest," The CPA Journal (July, 2008)
- Jeancola, M., "Capitalizing on MIS and AIS Course Content Synergies," Proceedings of the 2008 Academy of Business Education Conference
- Jens, W. and Jeancola, M., "Taxing Internet Sales – The Meter is Running"
- Journal of State Taxation (March, 2004)
- Surynt, T.J., Augustine, F., Jeancola, M., "Implementing an E-Business Curriculum: Opportunities and Issues," Proceedings of the 2002 International Conference of the Information Resources Management Association