Professor and Dennis C. McNamara, Sr. Endowed Chair of Marketing
Dr. DeMoss has published numerous articles in academic and professional journals, including Journal of Consumer Behavior, Journal of Business Ethics and Journal of Business Education. She is a specialist in marketing ethics, sustainable business practices and marketing education. She has written several business cases, including one selected for publication by the Department of Environmental Protection.
A dedicated teacher, Dr. DeMoss has played an integral role in developing Stetson’s new undergraduate curriculum in Business to better meet the needs of students and potential employers. She is also co-chair of Stetson Business School’s assurance of learning process involving AACSB accreditation. Over the last 20 years at Stetson, she has won awards for both her service to and teaching in the School of Business Administration. In addition, she remains connected to the external community through her consulting and volunteer work.
- Ph.D., Marketing, University of Florida
- B.S., Psychology, University of Florida
- Marketing ethics, sustainable business practices and marketing education
- Consumer Dynamics
- Marketing Internship
- The Marketplace and Consumers
- Marketing Strategy
- “Teaching Ethics and Social Responsibility: An Evaluation of Undergraduate Business Education at the Discipline Level,” Journal of Education for Business, Volume 84(4), 213-219, 2009. With Carolyn Nicholson.
- “St. Johns River Water Management District,” Journal of Business Cases and Applications, Summer, 15-22, 2009. With Carolyn Nicholson.
- Comparing Experiential Learning Techniques: The Business Student’s Perspective,” Society of Business, Industry, and Economics Conference Proceedings, 2010.
- “Corporate Environmental Sustainability: Its Inclusion in Business Curricula,” Society of Business, Industry, and Economics Conference Proceedings, 2009.