Roland George Chair of Applied Investments; Director, George Investments Institute
Professor K. C. Ma is the Roland George Chair of Applied Investments. In addition, he is the Director of the Sarah George Investments Institute. Dr. Ma is the longest–serving George Professor. As the results from our student competitions and our placement results show, he is a well-respected mentor who really cares about the personal growth and development of students and who really prepares them for what lies ahead. He has a vast network of professional as well as academic contacts that he has always employed to the advantage of students and faculty in the Finance Department and George Program, and the program will continue to evolve and improve under his leadership.
- NFA Commodity Trading Advisor, 1997
- Series #3, #65, SEC Registered Investment Advisor, 1995
- CFA certified, 1988
- Ph.D., finance, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1983
- MBA, marketing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1981
- Graduate School of Economics, National Taiwan University, 1979
- B.S., management science, National Chiao Tung University, 1978
- Dr. Ma has an extensive background in academics as well as professional background in financial and quantitative research, portfolio management, investment officer, and hedge fund management. He has an equally impressive list of publications within the fields of economics, investing, finance and accounting, futures markets and portfolio management to name just a few.
- In 1995, Dr. Ma founded KCM Asset Management Group, Inc. He has been Director of Quantitative Research for Ned Davis Research, Inc., and a hedge fund manager for George Weiss Associates, Inc.
- Equity Fund Management
- Fixed Income Fund Management
- Applied Research in Euities
- Applied Research in Fixed Income
- Bathala, Chenchu, R. Rao, and K. C. Ma, "Institutional Portfolio Preference," Journal of Investing, Forthcoming 2004.
- Ma, K. C., Bala Arshanapal, and J. Mallett, "Random Walks in World Equity Prices," International Journal of Business, Forthcoming 2004.
- Ma, K. C., James Mallett, and Larry Belcher, "The Information Content of Price Limit Moves," International Journal of Business, Summer 2003.
- Holder, M., K. C. Ma, and Larry Belcher, "Price Limits As An Option," Journal of Futures Markets, Fall 2002.
Roland George Investments Program on Facebook and Twitter