Professor of Accounting
Judson Stryker is a Professor of Accounting and holds the distinguished Eugene M. Lynn Chair of Business at Stetson University. Until recently he has served as Associate Dean, Chair of the Rinker Institute of Tax and Accountancy. He also served as Vice President of Finance for the University and has held management positions with the General Electric Company prior to joining Stetson University. He is also a licensed CPA in the state of Florida.
Dr. Stryker has been active in research and has published more than 50 articles in journals and conference proceedings. He actively serves his profession and local community. He is a previous recipient of the School of Business Outstanding Teaching Award and the University's Mentor of the Year Award. He currently serves as Treasurer of the Stetson Business School Foundation Board.
- DBA, Mississippi State University
- MBA, Stetson University
- B.S., B.A., University of Florida
- Federal taxatation, assurance of learning (assessment), and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Currently investigating the tax implications of the 2010-2011 Healthcare legislation
- Federal Taxation (Individual and Business Owners, Tax Research)
- Federal Taxation of Entities (Corporate, Partnerships, LLC, LLP, Tax Research)
- Estates, Fiduciary and Gift Taxation
- Financial Accounting (Introductory and Intermediate)
- Financial Accounting Cases
- Advanced Accounting Seminar (MBA Financial Accounting)
- Brenner, V.C., Bitter M., Stryker, J.P., Conference Accepted 2012
- Brenner, V.C., Stryker, J.P. (2012). "Evaluating Assurance of Learning; A Case Approach Issues in Accounting Education," Submitted January 2012.
- Carbone, R. ,Stryker, J.P. "The Complexity of the IFRS Organizational Environment." Presentation and Proceedings October 27, 2011, Academy of International Business SE.
- Brenner, V.C., Stryker, J.P. "Evaluating Assurance of Learning: A Ccase Rresearch Approach." Presentation August 2011, AAA 2011 Annual Conference.
- Michelson, S., Stryker, J.P., (2010). "IFRS – From the Front Burner to the Back Burner," Oil, Gas and Energy, June 2010, Referred Journal.
- Brenner, V.C., Copeland, R .W., Stryker, J.P. "An Accounting Case Study on Assurance of Learning." Presentation November 2009, ABD Annual Conference.
- Knipe, P. J., Stryker, J. P., Thorne, B. M., (2009). "Earnings Stripping Under Section 163(j): Status Quo Vadis?" International Business: Research, Teaching and Practice, 3(1), 91-105. Journal@AIBSE.org.
- Michelson, S., Stryker, J. P., Thorne, B.M. (2009). "The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002: What Impact Has It Had on Small Business Firms?" Managerial Aditing Journal/Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 24 (8, 2009), 743-766.
- "Multiple Assessments Using a Medical Expense Tax Case," Presentation, Academy of Business education Conference, September 26, 2009 (with Pat Knipe, Vince Brenner and William Jens)
Selected topics in taxation