Professor and Chair, Finance Department, School of Business
Jennifer Foo, a full professor in the Finance Department, has been with Stetson University since 1990. Dr. Foo serves as Chair of the department. Dr. Foo was a visiting professor of Finance teaching at Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand in 2011, at Vilnius University, Lithuania in 2006 and at Beijing Union University, China in 2000 and 1998.
Dr. Foo has traveled extensively to different countries presenting papers in international conferences on international banking and financial systems and transitional countries. Dr. Foo has published numerous research papers and was twice recognized with the School of Business Researcher of the Year Award. She received the Stetson University Hand Award for Research and Creative and Professional Activity in 2003, the Hand Grant Award for Professional Development in 2005, and the School of Business Administration Service Award for 2009. Other honors include the Fulbright Senior Specialist award at Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Poland in 2008; the Fulbright Lecturer Scholar award at Leon Kominsky Academy of Entrepreneurship and Management, Warsaw, Poland in 2004; Best Author Award 2003 in the Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge; and Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society 2001.
- Ph.D., Northeastern University, Boston, 1990
- M.A., Northeastern University, Boston, 1983
- M.A., B.A., Smith College, Northampton, 1981
- Research interests are in areas of international financial and banking systems, particularly in developing and emerging countries and in transitional financial development.
- Business Finance
- Multinational Finance
- International Business and Finance
- Seminar on Business and Culture
- "The Role of Corporate Governance in Transition Countries." International Journal of Latest Trends in Finance and Economics Sciences (IJLTFES), Vol.1, No.2, June 2011.
- "Foreign Participation in the Financial Transformation of Transition Countries." Portuguese Journal of Quantitative Methods, Vol 1-II, 2010. (Published and available in 2011).
- "Application of Multidimensional Analysis to Banking Development Evaluation." Jennifer Foo and Dorota Witkowska, Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, Vol. 18, No. 5B, 2009: 209-216. (Published and available in 2010).
- "China's Banking Reform and Hidden Risk." Jennifer Foo and Weishen Wang. Global Business and Finance Review, Vol.14, Issue 2,143-158, Fall 2009.