Professor of Art
Professor Bolding is an artist teaching painting and drawing. His work typically combines meticulous craftsmanship with quirky and ironic subject matter. His work has been in more than 20 solo exhibitions and 100 group shows internationally, including shows in New York, Miami, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, England and Mexico. Bolding has won numerous awards in national and regional juried exhibitions, and studied at the Art Student's League of New York and the New York Academy of Art. He has taught at Stetson since 1989.
- M.F.A., Brooklyn College
- B.F.A., Hendrix College
- Introduction to Studio Art
- Painting II
- Painting III
- Painting IV
- Senior Project Proposal and Senior Exhibition
- 2011: "Best of the South," Issue 73, Oxford American Magazine, cover image, Double Self-Portrait
- 2009: Prof. Dr. Michael Klant, Gary Bolding: "Itching and Scratching," 40-page catalog for 20-year retrospective at Stetson University
- 2008: Kahren Jones Arbitman and Susan M. Gallo, "Picturing Florida: From the First Coast to the Space Coast," pages 90-95, five color reproductions of my work and a biographical essay. Fresco Fine Arts Press, Albuquerque, N.M.
- 2006: Roberta Smith Favis, "Gary Bolding: From Window to Wall," a 28-page color exhibition catalog documenting a solo exhibition at the Polk Museum of Art in Lakeland, Fla.