Fred K. Augustine Jr.
Professor of Information Systems
Dr. Augustine is Professor of Information Systems and Director of Graduate Business Programs at Stetson University. He received his Ph.D. in Information and Management Science from Florida State University also holding an MBA with a concentration in Management and a BA in History.
Dr. Augustine has been teaching in the areas of Management Information Systems and Production and Operations Management at Stetson University since 1986. His primary research interests are the development and implementation of e-Business systems, global aspects of e-Commerce, and curricular issues related to MBA programs. He has written articles published in the Journal of Systems Management, Journal of Computer Information Systems, System Dynamics Review, Journal of End-User Computing, CIS Educators Forum, Interface, the E-Business Review and others. He has consulted with a variety of businesses in the automotive, telecommunications, and information technology industries. Dr. Augustine is a native of Miami, Florida who also served for 6 years in the United States Army.
- Ph.D, Information and Management Science, Florida State University
- MBA, Management, Florida State University
- BA, History, Florida State University
- Current research is in the areas of MBA programs and curriculum and E-Business in the global envoronment.
- Managerial Decision Analysis
- Contemporary Issues in Information Systems Controls
- Technology for Business Transformation
- Current Topics in Information Technology
- "E-Commerce in the MBA Curriculum: State of The Art In The Post Dot-Com Era", (Co-Authored with Dr. Ted Surynt), E-Business Review, USA, Vol 9,No 1. (2009)
- Global Readiness of E-Business Web Sites: An Industry Perspective (Co-Authored with Ted Surynt and Bill Jens), E-Business Review, Vol 8, No 1. (2008).
- Assessing the Indicators of E-Commerce Globalization: A Study of the Characteristics of Global Readiness, (Co-Authored with Dr. Ted Surynt), E-Business Review, USA Vol. 7, No. 1. (2007).
- The Use of System Dynamics to Measure the Value of Information in the Business Firm. (co-authored with Dr.Thomas D. Clark Jr.), System Dynamics Review. 8(2), Summer, 1992, pp. 149-173.
- Organizational Impact of Decision Support Technology: What's Ahead for the 90's? (co-authored with T.J Surynt, D.K. Rosetti, and F. DeZoort), Journal of End User Computing, 5(2), Spring 1993, pp. 1-5.
E-Business and E-Commerce
MBA programs and curriculum