Demetrios G. Glinos
Visiting Assistant Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science
Demetrios G. Glinos is currently the managing member of Advanced Text Analytics, LLC, and has previously worked as a simulation and software engineer for Martin Marietta (now Lockheed Martin), a research scientist for Science Applications International (SAIC), and also managed his own solo law practice in Orlando, Fla. He is currently a member of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), and American Mensa, Ltd. He is a member of the bar (inactive) in New York, Colorado, Washington, D.C., and Florida.
- Ph.D., computer science, University of Central Florida, 2006
- M.S., computer science, University of Central Florida, 1999
- J.D., Georgetown University, 1976
- B.S., physics and mathematics, Trinity College, Conn., 1973
- Natural Language Processing
- Cognitive Systems
- Big Data
- Artificial Intelligence Applications
- Introduction to Computing
- Introduction to Computer Science II
- Software Development
- Calculus for Business Decision
- Demetrios Glinos. "ATA-Sem: Chunk-based Determination of Semantic Text Similarity." In Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation (SemEval 2012), in conjunction with the First Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics (*SEM 2012), Montreal, Canada, June 7-8, 2012, pp. 547-551.
- Demetrios G. Glinos. "A Search Based Method for Clinical Text Coreference Resolution." In Proceedings of the Fifth i2b2/VA Track on Challenges in Natural Language Processing for Clinical Data (i2b2 2011). Informatics for Integrating Biology and the Bedside, Washington, DC, USA, October 21-22, 2011.