Associate Dean of the duPont-Ball Library
Debbi Dinkins is an Associate Professor and Associate Dean of the duPont-Ball Library. She is responsible for acquisitions, cataloging, periodicals and library computer systems. Her articles have been published in College and Research Libraries and The Journal of Academic Librarianship.
- M.A., Library Service, University of Alabama
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Auburn University
- Dinkins' current research and professional interests include library collection evaluation and cataloging. Her publications include articles on marketing videos in academic libraries, using circulation data as an assessment tool, and using paraprofessionals at the reference desk.
- "Allocating Academic Library Budgets: Adapting Historical Data Models at One University Library," Collection Management 36, no.2 (2011): 119-130.
- "Measuring Referrals: The Use of Paraprofessionals at the Reference Desk," Journal of Academic Librarianship 36, no. 4 (2010): 279-286. (co-authored with Susan Ryan)