Assistant Professor of Finance
Chris Tobler joined the faculty of the Finance Department in 2007. He holds membership in the Financial Management Association and Southern Finance Association. In addition to teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses at the DeLand campus, he also teaches graduate-level courses in the EMBA program at the Celebration campus, the JD/MBA program at the St. Petersburg Law School campus and in the Pharma/MBA joint degree program with the University of Florida. Dr. Tobler regularly teaches in the Summer Study Abroad Program in Innsbruck, Austria.
Professor Tobler continues to teach summer school classes at his alma mater, the University of Arkansas, where he works with his co-authors on research projects.
Dr. Tobler also has an impressive media and journalism background. He has been nominated for the School of Business Teacher of the Year Award, the McEniry Award for Teaching Excellence and at the University of Arkansas was cited by students as the teacher who most influenced their academic career.
- Ph.D., University of Arkansas, 2007
- MBA, University of Arkansas, 1998
- M.A., University of Arkansas, 1994
- B.A., Boston College, 1990
- Corporate governance
- Acquisition theories
- Asset valuation
- Derivative instruments
- Money and Financial Institutions
- Business Finance
- Principles of Insurance and Risk Management
- Financial Management I and II
- Corporate Financial Management
- Financial Risk Management
- International Business Finance
- Financial Management
- Advanced Financial Management
- Personal Financial Management
- "Contingent Claim Valuation – The Case of Certificates Plus Reloaded," by Rodrigo Hernández, Radford University, Radford, VA; Christopher Tobler, Stetson University, DeLand, FL; and Pu Liu, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR, American Journal of Business Research, Vol. 4, 91 – 103, 2011.
- "Contingent Claim Valuation – The Case of Phoenix Certificates," by Rodrigo Hernández, Radford University, Radford, VA; Christopher Tobler, Stetson University, DeLand, FL; and Lynn Saubert, Radford University, Radford, VA; Journal of Finance and Accountancy, Vol. 7, 1 – 14, 2011.*
- "Contingent Claim Valuation of Express Certificates," by Rodrigo Hernández, Radford University; Jorge Brusa, Texas AandM International University; and Christopher Tobler, Stetson University, Banking and Finance Review, Vol. 2, No. 2, 119 – 126, 2010.
- "Bull and Bear Reverse Exchangeable Securities — An Option-Pricing Approach," by Rodrigo Hernández, Radford University, Radford, VA; Michael Chatham, Radford University; and Christopher Tobler, Stetson University, International Journal of Global Business and Economics (IJGBE), Vol. 3, 131 – 136, 2010.
- "Teaching Multiple Skills with a Short Writing Assignment: Using Legal Case Briefs in Business Classes," by Lawrence J. Belcher, Stetson University and Christopher Tobler, Stetson University, Business Education Innovation Journal, Vol. 2, No. 2, 35 – 38, 2010.