Brooke Coe, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Political Science
Brooke Coe is an assistant professor of political science at Stetson University. During 2016-2017, she taught politics and international studies courses at Wake Forest University. She has held predoctoral and postdoctoral research fellowships at Georgetown University (2014-2015) and the Free University of Berlin (2015-2016), and received her Ph.D. from the Department of Political Science at the University of Minnesota in 2015. Brooke specializes in international relations, and her research interests include international security; international norms, law, and organizations; international relations of the global South (especially Africa); and the regional level of global governance.
- Ph.D., political science, University of Minnesota
- B.A., political science, University of Minnesota
- International Relations
- International Law
- Transitional Justice
- International Security
- Global Governance
- "Regional Human Rights Institutions and R2P: the Role of State Monitoring in Atrocity Prevention," Global Responsibility to Protect 9, no. 2, forthcoming.
- "Collective Regional Image: Consciousness & Management in Africa & Southeast Asia," KFG Working Paper no. 79 (April 2017), Kolleg Forschergruppe (KFG) "The Transformative Power of Europe," Freie UniversitÃ¤t Berlin.
- "Sovereignty Regimes and the Norm of Non-Interference in the Global South: Regional and Temporal Variation," Global Governance 21, no. 2 (2015).
- Phone: 386-822-7570