Associate Professor and Chair Department of Counselor Education
Brigid M. Noonan, Ph.D., LMHC, NCC, ACS is Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Counselor Education at Stetson University. She has more than 19 years of clinical experience working with a range of diverse clients, from those challenged with addiction, eating disorders and depression, to individuals struggling with a disability, career issues, as well as individuals who are exploring their sexual identity. Some of her research focuses on international counselor education, advocacy and social justice issues, working with families, as well as sexuality and spirituality.
- Ph.D., Counselor Education, University of Maryland College Park
- M.A., A.G.S., Rehabilitation Counseling, University of Maryland College Park
- B.S., Behavioral Science (University Maryland University College)
- Counselor Education/Preparation
- Career Development
- Internationalization (of the Counseling Profession)
- LGBTQ Issues
- Couples and Families
- Sexuality Counseling
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Ethical and Legal Issues
- Career Development
- Multicultural Counseling
- Noonan, B. (2011). "A day in the life." In Pope, M., Pangelinan, J.S., and Coker, A.D. (Eds.). Experiential activities for teaching multicultural counseling classes and infusing cultural diversity into core classes. Alexandria, VA: American Counseling Association.
- Noonan, B. and Wykes, S. (2011). "Teaching substance abuse/addictions counseling." In McAuliffe, G., and Ericksen, K. (Eds.). Handbook of counselor preparation: Constructivist, developmental and experiential approaches (pp. 353-364). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Noonan, B. (2009). "Career decision-making" (pp. 237-238). ACA Encyclopedia. Alexandria, VA: American Counseling Association.
- Ng, K., and Noonan, B., (2012). "Internationalization of the counseling profession: Meaning, scope and concerns." International Journal for the Advancement of Counselling, 34, 5-18. doi: 10.1007/s10447-011-9144-2
- Ng, K., Choudhri, D., Noonan, B., and Ceballos, P. (2012). "An internationalization competency checklist for American counseling training programs." International Journal for the Advancement of Counselling, 34, 19-38. doi: 10.1007/s10447-011-9141-5
- Roach, L.F., Noonan, B.M., Walter, S.M. (2012). "A systemic approach to program evaluation and student learning outcomes in counselor education. Submitted to: Professional Issues in Counseling.
- Young, M.E., and Noonan, B. (expected July 2013). "Counseling and therapy for couples" (3rd edition). Belmont, CA: Cengage Learning. Inc.