Bobby L. Adams
Director of Bands
Bobby Adams is director of bands, professor of music education and coordinator of instrumental music, at the Stetson University School of Music in DeLand, Florida. A member of the Stetson University faculty since 1987, Dr. Adams conducts the University Symphonic Band, teaches advanced instrumental conducting and courses in music education. Prior to his appointment at Stetson University, Adams taught in the public schools of Indiana and Florida for 25 years. Dr. Adams frequently writes and lectures on topics such as the emotional response to music, the psychology of performance, the evaluation of music, aspects of rehearsal, magic in music, the business of professional organizations and various other aspects of music education. His articles have appeared in the Journal of Band Research, the Journal of the ABA, the NBA Journal, the NBA Newsletter, and the Florida Music Director.
- Ph.D., Music Education, The Florida State University
- M.M.E., Music Education, Murray State University
- B.A., Morehead State College
- Advanced Conducting
- Music in the Secondary Schools
- Marching Band Methods
- Internship in Music
- "Does Philosophy Matter?" Journal of the National Band Association Vol. XXXXVII, No. 3 May 2007.
- "Taking Your Band to the Next Level." Journal of the National Band Association Vol. XXXXV, No. 3 May, 2005.
- "The Art of Interpreting Music Taught as a Developmental Skill." Journal of the National Band Association Vol. XXXXVI, No. 3 December 26
- "Music, Magic, and Heroes." Journal of Band Research, Vol. 33 (2), 1998.