Dr. Ashley Heintzen
Adjunct Professor of Bassoon
Ashley Heintzen is a native of Muncie, Ind. She received her doctorate from the Florida State University, where she studied with Jeff Keesecker; her master's from Baylor University with Jennifer Speck; and a bachelor's from Indiana University with Sidney Rosenberg. She worked with Mark Popkin while attending North Carolina School of the Arts.
Dr. Heintzen has been the bassoon instructor at Stetson University since 1994 and is a founding member of the faculty ensembles Veritate Wind Quintet, and Trio Della Canno. She teaches applied and studio bassoon, reed making, and coaches chamber music.
Dr. Heintzen is a member of the Bach Festival of Winter Park and the Brevard Symphony. In addition, she plays with the Orlando Philharmonic, Jacksonville Symphony and Florida West Coast Symphony.
- D.M. in Bassoon Performance, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
- M.M. in Bassoon Performance, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- B.M. in Bassoon Performance, Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.
- HS Diploma, North Carolina School for the Arts, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Chamber Ensembles
- Music Majors - Bassoon
- Non-Music Majors - Bassoon
- Pedagogy - Bassoon
- Junior Recital - Bassoon
- Senior Recital - Bassoon