Areti Vogel, Ph.D.
Visiting Assistant Professor of Management
Dr. Vogel has defended her dissertation for her Ph.D. in Consumer, Apparel and Retail Studies, which will be conferred by the University of North Carolina, Greensboro in the fall of 2017. Dr. Vogel earned her B.B.A. and J.D. from Stetson University, along with an M.B.A. from IFA Paris. Before transitioning into academia, Dr. Vogel practiced law (focusing on civil litigation, corporate law, real estate, elder law and estate planning and probate) while managing firm marketing strategy and consulting existing businesses and emerging entrepreneurs. Her work has appeared in the Journal of Product and Brand Management, and her research and teaching interests include the areas of marketing and consumer behavior, branding and intellectual property, business and consumer ethics, international business, retail and services, trend imitation and consumption and communication.
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina, Greensboro
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law
- M.B.A., IFA Paris
- B.B.A., Stetson University
- International Business and Culture
- Professional Communications
- The Legal, Social and Ethical Environment of Business
- Branding and intellectual property
- Consumer behavior, ethics and identity
- Consumption and communication
- Retail and services marketing
- Trend imitation
- Vogel, A. T., & Watchravesringkan, K. (2017). Consumer evaluations of trend imitation: Brand equity, consumer attitudes, and preference. Journal of Product and Brand Management, 26(5), 516-527.
- Vogel, A. T., Cook, S. C., & Watchravesringkan, K. (2017). Luxury brand dilution: Investigating the impact of renting on brand equity. Journal of Brand Management. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Phone: 386-822-7418