STEM Fellows Registration
Phase 1 - Register to attend Stetson's STEM Day Institute
- Register to attend Stetson's STEM Day Institute taking place May 14th-15th, 2012 and select on the registration form that you would like to participate in the STEM Fellows Program.
Phase 2 - Redesign
- Complete course redesign around Community Engaged Learning.
- Complete two brief Florida Campus Compact online modules around Service-Learning.
- Participate in the entire FL/CC STEM 2-Day Institute that is hosted by the Center for Community Engagement titled "Building Capacity for Incorporating Academic Service-Learning in STEM Course Development" which will take place at Stetson on May 14, 2012 (9:00am - 5:30pm) and May 15, 2012 (9:00am-3:30pm) in the Stetson Room.
- Bring a laptop or tablet computer (Wi-fi capable) to the Institute
- Bring an initial course syllabus in digital form (or draft) to the Institute
- Produce and submit a syllabus that has Service-Learning integrated into the expectations/work/assignments. The syllabus must be for at least one (1) course that will be taught between the summer 2012 and spring 2013 semesters. Submissions will be made via the Center for Community Engagement to FL/CC. This syllabus must also be submitted to National Campus Compact via the Compact.org website.
At the completion of phase 2 faculty fellows will receive two-thirds ($1000 - total includes FICA) of their stipend as payment for their participation in the program.
Phase 3 - Implementation and Assessment
- Teach the designated course, with the service learning component, between the summer 2012 and spring 2013 semesters.
- Work with Stetson's STEM Fellows liaison, Savannah-Jane Griffin (email@example.com ), to ensure all requested data is submitted to FL/CC. (FL/CC expects that institution-level data will be gathered by this person but provided by all faculty participants.)
- Complete all FL/CC assessments and surveys designed to capture the number of student participants, community partners, etc. and to be used to improve the overall STEM Fellows program.
- Submit course demographic data (available through banner)
- Administer community-partner survey
- Administer student pre/post course survey
- Complete faculty observation log on student learning
- Complete faculty end of semester reflection survey
At the completion of phase 3 faculty fellows will receive the final third ($500 -total includes FICA) of their stipend as payment for their participation in the program.
Questions regarding the application or the FL/CC STEM Fellows Program at Stetson should be directed to Savannah-Jane Griffin in the Center for Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 386-822-8706