STEM Faculty Fellows Program
Stetson University is partnering with Florida Campus Compact (FL/CC) and Learn and Serve America to support the integration of service learning into courses that focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) areas. Those teaching courses on Environmental Sustainability or Community Health issues are also encouraged to apply. The STEM Service-Learning Fellows program supports faculty in the redesign and implementation of Service-Learning courses that align with the university's goal of integrating Community Engaged Learning throughout Stetson's curriculum.
Space is limited. Register early to secure your spot.
Applications are accepted and processed on a rolling basis until filled or April 13, 2012.
- Participants will benefit from opportunities to collaborate with other STEM field experts in a small, structured setting.
- Participants will be able to network with colleagues throughout the state.
- Participants will also gain valuable professional development through the Course Redesign STEM Day Institutes, other campus programming, and online modules. They will receive technical support from the Center for Community Engagement staff.
- Through a combination of funding from Learn and Serve America, FL/CC and The Center for Community Engagement, faculty selected as STEM Fellows will receive a total stipend of $1500, for their successful completion of this program.
- All Faculty and Instructors at Stetson are eligible to apply. However, preference will be given to tenure and tenure-track faculty.
- Faculty must be teaching the redesigned/designed Service-Learning STEM course in Summer 2012, Fall 2012, or Spring 2013. .
- Participate and complete all 3 phases of the STEM Fellows Program as outlined on the STEM Fellows Registration page..
- Submit to State of Florida background check(s)* (conducted by FL/CC) - this is a requirement of the Federal Government for this program. Please note that, if you design and execute a course that requires you to have regular access to vulnerable populations an FBI background check will also be required.
*The specific results of this background check are not shared with the Center for Community Engagement or Stetson; we are only informed of your eligibility to receive the stipend funds.