Center for Community Engagement
To develop, implement, and promote lifelong commitments to social responsibility that embrace volunteerism and encourage service learning.
Stetson University prides itself on its commitment to values. Because of our commitment to social responsibility, our students, faculty, and staff have the ability to directly engage in activities that foster all of our values and improve the campus, community, and world. The Center Community Engagement (CCE) focuses on curricular support through service learning, co-curricular programming, student leadership and development, staff participation, volunteer placement, and community service specialty housing for students. The CCE serves as a vehicle through which to implement our University values and commitments, as well as to meet the interests and needs of individuals and organizations.
What is the CCE?
The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) is the hub for community engagement on Stetson University's Campus. The CCE is located across the street from the Hollis Center in between the Cross Cultural Center and the Counseling Center. The CCE houses three professional staff members and five work study staff members.
What resources does the CCE offer students?
- Connects students with community partners and volunteer opportunities
- Supports student service organizations with whatever needs they might have
- Provides students with a list of Service Learning courses
- Offers a fall and spring alternative break for any students interested
- Offers service scholarship opportunities and Service awards
What resources does the CCE offer to community partners?
- Connects community partners with students that are interested in volunteering
- Establishes community partner relationships with Faculty
- Provides professional development conferences and workshops for community partners
- Offers Service grants and service awards to local community partners
What resources does the CCE offer Stetson faculty/staff?
- Connects faculty/staff with community partners and volunteer opportunities
- Supports Stetson Departments with community service projects
- Presents workshops on how to get engaged in the DeLand community
- Has chaperone positions for fall and spring alternative break for anystaff interested
- Offers service awards to faculty/staff that are committed to community engagment