Master of Business Administration - Professional
Flexibility: 12-month or 18-month program in Deland or Celebration
Where Stetson graduates are employed
- Accordant Health Services
- Armstrong Energy
- BNY Mellon
- Compass Group
- CSX Corporation
- Disney Cruise Line
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Express Scripts
- Fidelity National Information Services
- Florida Department of Revenue
- Florida Hospital
- Frontier Communications Corporation
- Goodwill Industries
- L Brands
- Stetson University
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- The Walt Disney Company
- Universal Orlando Resort
- University of Central Florida
- Volusia Building Industry Association
- Volusia County Schools
Why an M.B.A. at Stetson?
In the Stetson Professional M.B.A. program success comes from real-life experience and application of knowledge. Students refine and sharpen skills by working in small teams that provide a testing ground for developing ideas and testing insights. At Stetson students brings theory to life, and build confidence and collaboration skills – two essentials for moving up in the business world. This program builds leaders in business with the agility to move forward. The Stetson network in Central Florida adds value to your experience, allowing you to build relationships that are beneficial to you, personally and professionally, throughout your career.
Stetson University is one of 180 elite business schools worldwide with both our accounting program and School of Business Administration fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Stetson University is a small, private university that values your success. Students go on to not just be successful, but to be students who lead lives of significance personally and professionally. Graduates move to mid- and high-level careers within four to six years of graduation. Our challenging academic environment produces leaders with a world of opportunities open to them.
The M.B.A. can be completed in 12 months full time if you have satisfied the business foundation course requirement. The Professional M.B.A. is designed for working professionals with a rotation of classes between the DeLand and Celebration campuses and can be completed in 18 months.
Courses are offered on the DeLand campus and the Celebration Center on the southwest side of Orlando.
Specialization in Finance
Students wishing to pursue a more focused program of study can choose to concentrate in Finance as part of the M.B.A. degree. Under this option, students will take two finance courses as their electives in addition to the two required finance courses and related accounting course for a total of five finance or finance-related courses. All graduate-level courses with a finance (FINA) designation are acceptable as electives for this course of study.
- Shahram Amiri, Ed.D., College of William and Mary; Chair of the Department of Decision and Information Sciences
- William Andrews, Ph.D., University of Georgia; Chair of the Department of International Business
- Fred Augustine, Ph.D., Florida State University
- Yiorgos A. Bakamitsos, Ph.D., Northwestern University; Associate Dean of Graduate Business Programs
- Michael Bitter, Ph.D., University of Mississippi; Rinker Distinguished Professor of Accounty; Chair, M.E. Rinker, Sr. Institute of Tax and Accountancy; Director of the Master of Accountancy Programs
- Jon Carrick, Ph.D., University of Glasgow:
- Valrie Chambers, Ph.D., University of Houston
- Wingyan Chung, Ph.D., University of Arizona
- B. Tod Cox, Ph.D., Rice University
- Michelle DeMoss, Ph.D., University of Florida; Dennis C. McNamara Sr. Professor of Marketing
- Jennifer Foo, Ph.D., Northeastern University
- Deborah Goldring, Ph.D., Florida Atlantic University
- Matthew Hurst, Ph.D., University of Central Florida
- K.C. Ma, Ph.D., University of Illinois; Roland George Chair of Applied Investments; Director, George Investments institute
- Stuart Michelson, Ph.D., University of Kansas; Roland and Sarah George Professor of Finance
- Carolyn Mueller, Ph.D., University of South Carolina
- Gary Oliphant, Ph.D., Florida State University
- Christopher Tobler, Ph.D., University of Arkansas; Finance Department Chair
- Joe Woodside, D.B.A., Cleveland State University
Please view the Stetson University Course Catalog for more information on the curriculum and courses for this academic program.