Executive Master of Business Administration
This fact sheet is also available as a PDF.
Flexibility: Earn an M.B.A. in 18 months while still working.
Where Stetson graduates are employed:
Graduates of the program are employed across the country. Some employers include:
- Acuity Brands Lighting
- American Express
- Banyan Biomarkers
- BG Capital Group
- Brown & Brown of Florida, Inc.
- Centra Care Urgent Care
- Clay Electric Cooperative
- COVANCE, INC.
- DaVita HealthCare Partners, Inc
- Fed Ex Services
- Genworth Financial
- Global Advisory
- Granite Services
- Grove Counseling Center, Inc.
- Guignard Company
- Heartland for Children
- Hilton Bonnet Creek
- Independent Consultant
- Intelligy Solutions Group
- Kony Solutions, Inc.
- LAERDAL MEDICAL CORP.
- Le Boudoir Boutique, Inc.
- Marketing Professional on Hiatus
- Medicomp, Inc.
- Orange County Public Schools
- Orlando Regional Healthcare
- Partners Federal Credit Union
- Press World Company
- Real Estate Agency/Private Investor
- Reedy Creek Improvement District
- SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
- Sonoma Wine Group
- SOUTH LAKE HOSPITAL,
- State Farm Insurance Companies
- Viridi Capital,
- Wachovia Bank
- Walt Disney World Company
- Westgate Resorts
- Wyndham Vacation Ownership
- Wyndham Vacation Resorts
Why an E. M.B.A. at Stetson?
The program is committed to helping business professionals with a track record of success become significant players in the global business market. Stetson is committed to helping you become the best person, professional, and global leader possible – “better you, better career, better life.” This life-changing developmentexperience is delivered in a concierge style. The curriculum is challenging and relevant, integrating theory with application. Your personal development plan will help guide you along with the support of your cohort and coach.
Stetson University is one of 180 elite business schools worldwide with both our accounting program and School of Business Administration fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Stetson University is a small, private university that values your success. Students go on to not just be successful, but to be students who lead lives of significance personally and professionally. Graduates move to mid- and high-level careers within four to six years of graduation. Our challenging academic environment produces leaders with a world of opportunities open to them.
The Executive Master of Business Administration (Executive M.B.A.) program offers experienced professionals from any academic background the opportunity to earn an M.B.A. degree in only 18 months while still working.
Time and location
The Executive M.B.A. program is an 18-month program that begins in August of each year. The program consists of classroom sessions on alternating Friday and Saturdays where students engage in lively discussions, activities and projects in a cohort-based learning environment from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. In addition, an international study component is a requirement and the week abroad is included in the tuition. On class days, students are provided breakfast from 7:45 to 8:30 a.m. and lunch from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., along with refreshments provided throughout the day. All classes meet from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Courses are offered at the Celebration Center on the southwest side of Orlando.
Stetson University's Executive MBA program is a transformational leadership experience that integrates personal and professional development. Students are supported in their leadership practice through assessment, executive coaching, innovative design, and a cohort experience. Through an applied and integrative business curriculum they gain the knowledge and skills necessary to be effective leaders in a dynamic global marketplace.
- Yiorgos A. Bakamitsos, Ph.D., Northwestern University; Associate Dean of Graduate Business Programs
- Jon Carrick, Ph.D., University of Glasgow
- Valrie Chambers, Ph.D., University of Houston
- Michelle DeMoss, Ph.D., University of Florida
- Matthew Hurst, Ph.D., University of Central Florida
- Greg McCann, J.D., University of Florida; CPA
- Madhu Rao, Ph.D., University of Toronto
- Joe Woodside, D.B.A., Cleveland State University
Foundation courses are as follows:
- MGMT 502 - Management and Leadership
- ACCT 519 - Financial Reporting for Managers
- FINA 505 - Financial Economics
- MKTG 511 - Marketing Concepts and Analysis
- BSAN 507 - Managerial Decision Analysis
- FINA 509 - Strategic Financial Analysis
- FINA 503 - International Businesses and Finance
Advanced-level MBA courses are as follows:
- MKTG 516 - Marketing Decision Making
- BADM 502 - Leadership Development
- INTL 501 - International Field Experience
- MGMT 595 - Strategic Management
- MGMT 519 - Organizational Theory and Behavior
- FINA 511 - Advanced Financial Management
- ACCT 522 - Accounting and Managerial Decision-Making
- BSAN 591 - Technology for Business Transformation
- BADM 585 - Integrated Business Strategy
- BADM 590 - Values Based Leadership