Online Master of Accountancy
All it takes is one step toward achieving your goals.
Each morning, you get up and head to your office or cubicle. The forms and numbers keep piling up in your mind, and you find yourself yearning for a way to move up the "company ladder." You keep looking to develop strong skills and knowledge. There has to be some faster track you can take, right?
The Online Master of Accountancy program - better known as M.Acc. - gives students the ability to further their education in accounting while managing their time in a convenient manner. This program will further your professional career by giving you access to new tools, higher-earned salaries and skills.
Stetson is one of 180 elite business schools worldwide with a School of Business Administration that is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
View our course requirements to see what we offer.More Info
See for yourself what makes the program significant.More Info
Our challenging curriculum will provide you with the advanced knowledge necessary to excel in the dynamic business environment and open the doors you seek to a fulfilling and rewarding career.
Benefits for Online Learning
The Online Advantage
As accounting professionals ourselves, we know traveling to and from classes can be time-consuming and not always feasible. Stetson University's online Master of Accountancy program provides you with the convenience and flexibility required to complete your degree from the comfort of your home, office or anywhere with access to the Internet.
The quality of the education you receive online is equal to that of any on-campus program. You will move through the program with a small group of approximately 25 other professionals. Together, you will interact with the instructor while discussing various topics related to both the course and the workplace.
The Four Advantages of Online Learning
- Flexibility - Log in anytime from any Internet connection. Post responses on the discussion board, receive feedback and submit assignments 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Connection - Gain individualized attention from faculty and develop close relationships with fellow learners as you interact with them, creating a vast network of professional contacts.
- Interaction - Post and respond to messages with your peers and professors. Online learning allows you to collaborate and share experiences with everyone in your classes.
- Timeliness - Course content is continually updated and you can send questions or requests to professors, fellow students and facilitators with just one click. Our faculty and staff usually respond within 24 hours.
- Shahram Amiri, Ed.D., College of Wiliam and Mary, department chair of Decision and Information Sciences
- Fred K. Augustine, Jr., Ph.D., information and management science, Florida State University
- Michael Bitter, Ph.D., accountancy, University of Mississippi, director of the Master of Accountancy Programs
- Richard W. Copeland, JD, LLM, tax, University of Miami
- Patrick J. Knipe, M.Acc., Stetson University
- Kevin M. Miller, M.Acc, Stetson University
- Lisa Smith-Jones, M.Acc., Stetson University
- Judson P. Stryker, DBA, Mississippi State University
M.Acc. alumni earn higher salaries than accountants with only a bachelor's degree and can choose from among career opportunities with the following:
- Local, state and federal government.
- Local, regional and national CPA firms.
- Corporations and other for-profit entities of all sizes.
- Nonprofit organizations, including educational institutions.
Our alumni have been hired and proven successful at the following companies/firms:
Brenda Redfern '11, CPA, J.D.
At the time I decided to pursue my Masters of Accountancy degree, I was already a CPA and had a Juris Doctorate. I needed the M.Acc. to be qualified to teach accounting at the higher education level. I wanted a program that would be meaningful, reputable, challenging and convenient. With a husband and three teenage daughters, as well as a full-time job, I did not want to be confined to a set schedule with classes that I had to leave home to attend.
I researched my options and ultimately selected Stetson University's online M.Acc. program. It proved to be everything I wanted. The teachers were well-qualified and personable. The classes were challenging, yet manageable for someone also juggling work and family. My degree gave me the credentials I needed to secure the job as an assistant professor of accounting. Stetson University's reputation for excellence has certainly been carved into every component of the program and I am proud to now rank among its alumni.
Shelley Livingston '10, CPA, Ph.D.
After practicing in public accounting for more than two decades and with an MBA and a PhD accompanying CPA in the alphabet soup that follows my name, I realized the need for a comprehensive update of my accounting knowledge. Based on its stellar accreditation, its one year time frame, and its convenient Internet approach, I enrolled in the first Stetson University Master of Accountancy class. Twelve of us undertook and successfully completed the rigorous program, the depth and breadth of which were unlike any educational experience I encountered before or since. The phenomenal learning experience provided the comprehensive accounting update I sought. Individually, collaboratively, and with the responsive support of our knowledgeable and experienced professors, each of us in that initial class immeasurably extended our accounting horizons and our accounting career potentials.