London Street

Travel Arrangements - Autumn in London

Please arrange your travels so that you arrive by Saturday, Aug. 12, 2017. Participants must make their own travel arrangements. Many airlines offer discounted airfares if bookings are made well in advance of departure.

Travel Warnings

It is important for students to familiarize themselves with current travel conditions before traveling. For up-to-date travel information, students should always check the U.S. Department of State's website for Current Travel Warnings.

Travel Safety

Responsible Study Abroad: Good Practices for Health & Safety
Safety Issues
International Travel Safety Issues for Students
Worldwide Caution
Consular Information - United Kingdom
CDC - Travelers' Health
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)

Note: The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country. STEP allows you to enter information about your upcoming trip abroad so that the Department of State can better assist you in an emergency. STEP also allows Americans residing abroad to get routine information from the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.


Passports are required for travel to countries outside the United States and are the responsibility of each participant. Information and forms are available at your local U.S. courthouse or at


Students Partcipating in Internship: If you wish to participate in the Legal Internship Program (which is regarded as work even though it is unpaid), you will be required to apply in advance for a "Tier 4 General Student Visa", and will be required to be enrolled as a full-time student. Instructions will be provided to you by the International Programs Office.

Students NOT Participating in Internship: If you will NOT be participating in an internship, you may request entry as a "Student Visitor" upon arrival in the UK. This means that you do not need to apply in advance for a visa. You may only enter as a Student Visitor if you are an American Citizen (with a US passport). Note: If you however are a visa national, i.e., hold a passport from another country and are studying in the US, you may not be able to enter the UK as a Student Visitor, but will need to apply in advance for a Student Visitor Visa VAF 1D if you are not planning to participate in an internship, or a tier 4 General Student Visa if you are planning to participate in the internship program. To determine if you are a Visa National visit