Stetson Law dean Christopher Pietruszkiewicz appointed to national, regional, state committees on legal education, professionalism and safety
Stetson University College of Law Dean Christopher M. Pietruszkiewicz has recently been appointed to five committees focused on legal education, professionalism and public safety at the national, state and regional levels.
Dean Pietruszkiewicz was appointed to the Data Policy & Collection Committee of the ABA Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar, the Florida Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism, the legal education committee of the Florida Bar Vision 2016 Commission, the Sixth Judicial Circuit Professionalism Committee, and the Hillsborough County Community Violence Prevention Collaborative.
- The Data Policy and Collection Committee makes recommendations to the Council of the Section of Legal Education regarding changes to all law school accreditation-related questionnaires. Dean Pietruszkiewicz joins a select group of nine deans, professors and administrators from law schools across the country serving on the committee.
- The Florida Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism oversees the development of judicial professionalism programs and helps promote professionalism in law schools. Dean Pietruszkiewicz serves as a member of a steering and long-range planning commission that creates and implements professionalism programs and seminars.
- The Florida Bar Vision 2016 Commission is conducting a three-year, in-depth review of the future practice of law, with committees focused on legal education, technology, bar admissions and the delivery of legal services/pro bono. Dean Pietruszkiewicz was appointed by the president of the Florida Bar to serve on this commission conducting an in-depth review of the practice of law.
Stetson Law alumni Gregory W. Coleman, Bradford D. Kaufman, Mac Richard McCoy, Katherine Hurst Miller, Gail E. Sasnett and adjunct professor Susan S. Demers are also serving with the Florida Bar Vision 2016 Commission. Coleman, who received both his undergraduate and law degrees from Stetson, is president-elect of the Florida Bar.
- The Sixth Judicial Circuit Professionalism Committee is responsible for coordinating professionalism activities within the circuit and assisting the Commission on Professionalism. Dean Pietruszkiewicz was appointed to the committee which includes distinguished members of the judiciary and area bar association leaders.
- The Hillsborough County Community Violence Prevention Collaborative was created in the summer of 2013 as an initiative to transform the way local policy makers address violence. Dean Pietruszkiewicz was appointed by the chief judge of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit to the leadership council that includes county and civic leaders.
Pietruszkiewicz, who joined Stetson University College of Law as dean last summer, continues to serve on the Law School Admission Council board and as chair of the LSAC Investment Committee.
He is past-president of the Southeastern Association of Law Schools and has served in leadership positions for the American Bar Association Section of Taxation.
Post date: Sept. 20, 2013
Media contact: Brandi Palmer | email@example.com
727-562-7381 office | 727-430-1580 cell